Landways' Digital Infrastructure Project at Gloucester Rugby Named as TheStadiumBusiness 2019 Venue Technology Award Finalist
Lightning fast Wi-Fi in Kingsholm Stadium is
faster than recorded mobile data speeds
- Full end-to-end design of the high capacity containment and cabling system.
- In-house development of key infrastructure components, from conceptual design to manufacturing, prototype testing, risk assessment and structural engineering approval.
- Centralised On-Site Datacentre; an environmentally controlled secure building providing high quality and flexible equipment housing and conditioned power supply.
- Highest levels of specifications and standards have been researched and set into project specifications, contracts, method statements and risk assessments.
- Regional contractor used to deploy the infrastructure with dedicated Landways project manager and site manager.
- Over 16km of fibre optical cable and over 100 equipment Distribution Points installed around the stadium bowl, concourse areas and executive boxes.
Data and Traffic Modelling
- Landways’ traffic model developed to ensure the integrated infrastructure is sized to meet Performance Standard.
- High-density wireless distribution required for first service.
- Radio engineering to ensure coverage and capacity over time matches demand.
- Backhaul and internet service procurement based on the model and the unique demands of venue data network usage.